The United States Dodd-Frank Act, Section 1502, is landmark legislation that requires manufacturing companies to understand and disclose the use of minerals mined in or around the war-torn region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Companies listed on the U.S. stock market have until May 31 each year to disclose whether any Conflict Minerals are found in their products. And companies not directly regulated by the SEC will be impacted too as audit requirements are pushed down through the entire supply chain including privately-held and international companies.
- What are conflict minerals?
“Conflict minerals,” as defined by the US legislation, currently include the metals tantalum, tin, tungsten and gold. Downstream companies often refer to the derivatives of these minerals as 3TG.
- What is Conflict Minerals Reporting Template?
The Conflict Minerals Reporting Template is a free, industry standard reporting template developed by the Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative. This template facilitates transfer of information through the supply chain regarding 3TG mineral’s country of origin and smelters. The template also facilitates the identification of new smelters and refiners to potentially undergo an audit via the CFSI’s Conflict-Free Smelter Program.
- Conflict Minerals Consulting services:
IMDS Experts Inc offers a pragmatic solution to manage the obligations set forth by Dodd Frank Section 1502 on Electronic component manufacturers. Our experienced CMRT team can assist you in setting up cost efficient CMRT process which meets the demands of internal and external stakeholders for Conflict Mineral status information.
- Conflict minerals data collection services:
As part of the Conflict Minerals RCOI, our CMRT compliance experts can provide CMRT data collection services. Our experienced compliance team can communicate with your suppliers via phone and email and gather the latest conflict minerals templates.
- End-To-End Turnkey Offering:
We offer turnkey conflict minerals management services. Our robust Cloud based conflict minerals software solution helps companies track supplier CMRTs and generate smelter reports and various 3TG reports.
Our CMRT Turnkey model includes
- Complete access to our Web based CMRT compliance software solution – MCD tracker1.0 .
- CMRT Data collection and maintenance: Our experienced compliance team can coordinate with your suppliers via phone and email and gather the latest conflict minerals templates.
- Conflict minerals reporting services:
- CMRT Response Management: Our cloud based software solutions tracks which supplier has provided the latest version of the CMRT and which suppliers have past the due date.
- Smelter Management: Our CMRT Software solution tracks all the CFSI listed smelters and unidentified smelters in the supply chain.
- Built in Smelter roll-ups feature.